If your pet will be boarding before or after their travels, they will need to be up to date with certain vaccinations.
The following vaccinations are required for boarding facilities if your pet will be boarding before or after their travels. We also recommend keeping your pet up to date with these vaccinations anyway for their safety.
- DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus)
- Bordetella (Kennel Cough)
- CIV (Canine Influenza Virus) - required for some boarding facilities
- FVRCP (Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia)
- FeLV (Feline Leukemia Virus) - required for some boarding facilities
The vet must follow the vaccine manufacturer's guidelines regarding revaccination. In general, a booster vaccine is required 2-4 weeks after the first to be considered fully vaccinated. Following the first booster, the vaccinations are then valid for 1-3 years (depending on the vaccine).
You can simply email us a copy of your pet's vaccination records and we will provide this information to the boarding facilities if we are arranging boarding on your behalf. Otherwise, you can submit copies of the vaccinations to your boarding facility directly.
Example of a boarding vaccine record: